In this application a GLOBE vane air motor is coupled to a hydraulic pump with a tank. This is called a power pack or hydro pack. The air motor is directly coupled to the pump with an adapter flange.
The advantages of driving a power pack with an air motor include:
- Reliable drive with a high life-time;
- Smart application when load is highly variable;
- Easy adjustable torque and speed;
- When unit is frequently in “stall” conditions;
- Suitable in places where electricity is not available;
- No shock start-up which is positive for the life-time of the pump;
- Can be stalled under load without harm;
- Suitable in dirty, damp en explosion hazardous environments.
GLOBE has standard air motors for power packs in its program. It is also possible to deliver custom build air motors.
Photo on courtesy of Aerofilm Systems BV
, Eindhoven (NL)