Air motors are widely used as pump drives. Air motors can drive all types of pumps. Shown is an air motor with hydraulic pump. The GLOBE vane air motors come standard with an IEC or NEMA configuration for direct mounting to pumps.
The advantages of driving a pump with an air motor include:
- Reliable drive with a high life-time;
- Smart application when load is highly variable;
- Easy adjustable torque and speed;
- When unit is frequently in “stall” conditions;
- Suitable in places where electricity is not available;
- No shock start-up which is positive for the life-time of the pump;
- Can be stalled under load without harm;
- Suitable in dirty, damp en explosion hazardous environments.
Photo on courtesy of hydrauvision
, Schoondijke (NL)